Posted on November 5, 2008 by Peter Moskovits
The first version of WebLogic Portal since the Oracle-BEA merger has been released. WLP 10.3 is basically a re-branded version of WebLogic Portal 10.2.
For more information visit the WebLogic Portal page on OTN.
Filed under: weblogic portal | Tagged: 10.3, bea, weblogic portal, wlp | 4 Comments »
Posted on August 29, 2008 by Peter Moskovits
If you ever wondered what is contained by WebCenter Suite 10g and WebCenter Services 10g, and more importantly where you can download the components from, you’re not alone. Here are the links pointing to the family members:
Oracle WebCenter Suite 10g Release 3 Downloads
- Oracle WebCenter Services –Note: See below.
- Oracle Secure Enterprise Search (10.1.8.x) [from WebCenter Downloads]
- Oracle Communication and Mobility Server 10g [from WebCenter Downloads]–Note: New name is Oracle Presence.
- Oracle BPEL Process Manager [from BPEL PM Downloads page]
- Oracle WebCenter Interaction 6.5 [from BEA Downloads]
- Oracle WebCenter Collaboration 4.5 [from BEA Downloads]
- Oracle WebCenter Application Accelerator for .NET 1.1 [from BEA Downloads]
- Oracle WSRP Consumer 1.1 [from BEA Downloads]
- Oracle WebCenter Console for Microsoft SharePoint 1.1 MP1 [from BEA Downloads]
- Oracle WebCenter Content Service for Windows Files 6.1 [from BEA Downloads]
- Oracle WebCenter Content Service for Lotus Notes 6.1 [from BEA Downloads]
- Oracle WebCenter Content Service for Microsoft Exchange 5.2 [from BEA Downloads]
- AquaLogic Interaction Content Service – Documentum [from E-Delivery] –Note: New name is Oracle WebCenter Content Service – Documentum 5.5 MP1.
- AquaLogic Interaction Identity Service – Active Directory 6.3 [from E-Delivery] –Note: New name is Oracle WebCenter Identity Service – Active Directory 6.3.
- AquaLogic Interaction Identity Service – LDAP 2.2 MP2 [from E-Delivery] –Note: New name is Oracle WebCenter Identity Service – LDAP 2.2 MP2.
Oracle WebCenter Services 10g Release 3 Downloads
Quite a list, isn’t it?
Filed under: WebCenter General | Tagged: analytics, aqualogic, bea, download, ensemble, suite, webcenter | 1 Comment »
Posted on July 12, 2008 by Peter Moskovits
On July 1, 2008 Charles Phillips, President, and Thomas Kurian, SVP for Fusion Middleware, gave an online briefing about Oracle’s Middleware Strategy. Here are some highlights relevant to the Enterprise 2.0 and Portal space.
The level of future support is divided into three categories:
- Strategic Products: Oracle Universal Content Management, Oracle WebCenter Framework, Oracle WebCenter Spaces, BEA Ensemble and Pathways
- BEA Products being adopted immediately with limited re-design into Oracle Fusion Middleware
- No corresponding Oracle Products exist in majority of cases
- Corresponding Oracle Products converge with BEA Products with rapid integration over 12-18 months
- Continue & Converge Products: Oracle Portal, BEA WebLogic Portal (aka: Oracle WebLogic Portal), BEA AquaLogic User Interaction (aka: Oracle WebCenter Interaction)
- BEA Products being incrementally re-designed to integrate with Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Gradual integration with existing Oracle Fusion Middleware Technology to broaden features with automated upgrades
- Continued development & maintenance for at least 9 years
- Maintenance Products: Commerce Services and Collabra
- BEA had EOL’d due to limited adoption prior to Oracle M&A
- Continued Maintenance with appropriate fixes for 5 years
One of the key areas our product teams are working on is to ensure the interoperability across these products. The key interoperability vehicle being WSRP 1.0 and 2.0, thus enabling WLP and Interaction to consume WebCenter services, such as the Document Library, Discussions, and Email task flows. On the flip side, it will allow WebCenter applications to consume portlets from WLP and Interaction as well.
Filed under: WebCenter General | Tagged: acquisition, alui, aqualogic, bea, interaction, oracle, portal, webcenter, weblogic, wlp | Leave a Comment »