Posted on March 30, 2011 by Peter Moskovits
With the lead of WebCenter product manager, Rich Nessel, we just released a new VirtualBox Appliance. Here is a high level overview of the VM:
This Oracle VirtualBox appliance contains a fully configured, ready-to-use WebCenter Spaces installation. It has been tested on Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Linux, and Mac OS.
All you need to do to try out WebCenter Spaces is to install Oracle VirtualBox on your desktop/laptop and import the WebCenter appliance — no installation and configuration required! It is also REQUIRED to install the VirtualBox Extension Pack to get this VM working.
The following software is installed in this VirtualBox image:
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 Update 5
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Enterprise Edition (18.104.22.168)
- Oracle WebLogic Server (10.3.4.0)
- Oracle Enterprise Content Management 11g R1 (22.214.171.124.0) – Content Server and Inbound Refinery
- Oracle WebCenter Spaces 11gR1 (126.96.36.199.0) and the following services: Discussions, Personalization, Analytics, Pagelet Producer
Additionally, there are two demonstrations installed, both featuring a fictitious bank, AviTrust – one is the bank’s internet site, the other is its employee portal. Please review the README on the oracle user’s desktop for details about these two applications.
Filed under: WebCenter General | Tagged: appliance, spaces, virtualbox, vm, webcenter | 8 Comments »
Posted on February 1, 2011 by Peter Moskovits
The brand new (and very first) WebCenter PS3 VirtualBox appliance is available for download. This VM image targets WebCenter developers and includes the most important features needed to evaluate and test the WebCenter Portal Framework:
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 Update 5
- Oracle XE Universal Database 10.2.0.1
- Oracle Universal Content Management PS3 (188.8.131.52.0)
- Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3.4.0
- Oracle WebCenter Portal Framework 11gR1 PS3 (184.108.40.206.0)
- Oracle JDeveloper 220.127.116.11
- Oracle WebCenter Extenstion for JDeveloper (18.104.22.168.0)
Additionally, the AviTrust Demonstration (web site of a fictitious bank), and the Tutorial for Oracle WebCenter Developers have been included in the appliance. To get started, you’ll need to review the README file on the oracle user’s desktop.
- At least 3GB of RAM (recommended 6GB)
- At least 30GB of free disk space
- 2GHz processor
VirtualBox is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac platforms as well. For additional information on installation and setup steps, review this page on OTN.
Filed under: WebCenter General | Tagged: appliance, avitrust, virtualbox, vm, webcenter | 11 Comments »
Posted on March 18, 2009 by Peter Moskovits
OTN has a nicely compiled list of supported virtualization and partitioning technologies for the Fusion Middleware components.
The bottom of the page contains a link to what most of us are interested in: a Metalink note describing Oracle’s support policy on Oracle products running on VMware: Metalink note number 249212.1.
Filed under: Oracle Portal, WebCenter General, weblogic portal | Tagged: middleware, virtualization, vm, vmware | Leave a comment »
Posted on November 19, 2008 by Peter Moskovits
There are six new Oracle VM templates available for download from OTN:
- Oracle Application Server 10g Release 3 Webcenter
- Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2.0.3)
- Oracle Database 11g
- Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g (10.2.0.4)
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Service Oriented Architecture on WebLogic Server 9.2 (10.1.3.3)
- Oracle Siebel CRM 8
Just copy the software images provided on your server that has Oracle VM installed on it, and within minutes you will have a fully installed and configured Oracle environment without having to install products from scratch.
Filed under: WebCenter General | Tagged: image, virtual machine, vm, vm image, webcenter | 3 Comments »