Most of the WebCenter new features in PS1 are pretty fundamental, complex big ticket items. On the JDeveloper/ADF side, however, there are literally hundreds of new features.
Here are the ones on top of my list:
Simplified and improved creation and management of contextual events (contextual events are used for inter-component communication):
- Edit contextual events using the new contextual events tab in the bindings editor.
- Declaratively specify raise conditions for an event.
- Pass a binding value, data control method return, managed bean method return value, string literal or other expression as an event payload.
- Choose to subscribe to an event only if it’s raised by a particular component.
- Declaratively specify handle conditions for an event.
- Improved feedback on drop zones
- Clearer presentation of the name of the object under cursor
- Significant performance improvements
- Improved ability to work with components that can be collapsed (ShowDetailItem)
- EL that is resolvable at design time now renders in the visual editor. New options for handling EL that cannot be resolved at design time include: hide the EL completely, show dummy data, show the EL (either in full or abbreviated form).
New Carousel and Improved Hierarchy Viewer components
Here you find a (more) complete list of new features.