With the lead of WebCenter product manager, Rich Nessel, we just released a new VirtualBox Appliance. Here is a high level overview of the VM:
This Oracle VirtualBox appliance contains a fully configured, ready-to-use WebCenter Spaces installation. It has been tested on Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Linux, and Mac OS.
All you need to do to try out WebCenter Spaces is to install Oracle VirtualBox on your desktop/laptop and import the WebCenter appliance — no installation and configuration required! It is also REQUIRED to install the VirtualBox Extension Pack to get this VM working.
The following software is installed in this VirtualBox image:
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 Update 5
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Enterprise Edition (18.104.22.168)
- Oracle WebLogic Server (10.3.4.0)
- Oracle Enterprise Content Management 11g R1 (22.214.171.124.0) – Content Server and Inbound Refinery
- Oracle WebCenter Spaces 11gR1 (126.96.36.199.0) and the following services: Discussions, Personalization, Analytics, Pagelet Producer
Additionally, there are two demonstrations installed, both featuring a fictitious bank, AviTrust – one is the bank’s internet site, the other is its employee portal. Please review the README on the oracle user’s desktop for details about these two applications.